Amy J. Greenberg
Amy Greenberg is a partner in the law firm of Greenberg & Krieger LLP and has been a practicing attorney for 35 years. She received full scholarships for both her undergraduate and law degrees having attained a BA from Binghamton University in 1971 and a Juris Doctorate degree from Ohio State University, John Marshal College of Law, in 1976. Attorney Greenberg has a diverse civil litigation background. She has tried a multitude of cases. Since 1992, when she began her private practice in Stamford, she has focused her litigation skills on all aspects of family law. Her recent former affiliation was with the firm of Greenberg & Prince LLC, Stamford, CT (using URL’s: www.greenbergprincelaw.com and www.wendyprinceesq.com). While she handles all aspects of family law, Attorney Greenberg’s many years of experience make her a valuable asset on your team in complex cases. These include cases involving complex or hidden assets, custody, including international custody and divorce, prenuptial litigation and other nuanced matters.
Attorney Greenberg prides herself on her in depth forensic skills, legal research and detailed preparation. She is well known for her responsiveness to client’s questions and concerns
Attorney Greenberg considers her clients as partners in the development and conduct of their case. She strongly believes in educating her clients on how the facts and the laws will come together to impact the case. Education and information allow a client to be empowered and to make informed decisions.
Attorney Greenberg has served as co-counsel on a landmark prenuptial matter which reached the Connecticut Supreme Court. She has lectured and provided written materials for the Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts and for the Connecticut Counsel for Divorce Mediation. She has taken specialized training at the Domestic Violence Crisis Center. Presently she volunteers to act as a Judge for the Yale Mock Trial Association and is a volunteer attorney for the Connecticut Child Justice Foundation (CCJF).
Attorney Greenberg is a member of the Fairfield County Bar Association and the Connecticut Bar Association, and the New York Trial Lawyers Association and a past member of the Collaborative Divorce Attorneys of Fairfield County. She is licensed to practice in the Courts of Connecticut, New York and Ohio, as well as the United States District Court for Connecticut and the Southern and Eastern District of New York.
Areas of Practice
- Legal Separation
- Custody & Visitation
- Alimony & Spousal Support
- Property & Asset Division
- Child Suppport
- Father's & Men's Rights
- International Divorce and Child Custody (Hague Convention)
- Post-Dissolution / Divorce Issues
- Modification of Court Orders
- Collaborative Divorce
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Connecticut, 1989
- Ohio, 1977
- New York, 1978
- John Marshall Law School
- J.D. – 1976
- Binghamton University College, Binghamton, New York
- B.A. – 1971
- Major: History
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer at the Yale Mock Trial Invitational (Results)
- Member, Connecticut Collaborative Law Group
- Volunteer for the Connecticut Child Justice Foundation representing children who are under the auspices of the Department of Children and Families. Gets called upon when there are school related issues (suspension, expulsion hearings).
Seminars and Workshops
- Presenter, "Divorce Procedure," "Ethics," and "Pre-Trial Motions Practice and Settlement Strategies" Panels, Divorce Litigation From Start to Finish Seminar, National Business Institute, Aug. 2014
- Presenter, Advanced Issues in Divorce, National Business Institute, Sept. 2011
- Presenter, Annual Meeting of the Divorce Financial Planners, 2007