Bold labels are required.
- Divorce Law: An Overview: An overview of divorce law from Cornell University Law School’s Legal Information Institute
- Divorce Overseas: State Department information on the laws and processes pertaining to divorce overseas
- Family Law: Tables and summaries of family law matters such as child support and property division in each state
- IRS: Publication 504 – Divorced or Separated Individuals: Internal Revenue Services help for separated or divorced tax filers who have questions about preparing their returns.
- IRS: Topic 452 – Alimony Paid: Internal Revenue Service document detailing tax treatment of alimony payments
- U.S. Courts
- State of Connecticut Judicial Branch Website
- Library of Congress
- U.S. House of Representatives
- U.S. Senate
- Facts for consumers: Credit and Divorce: Federal Trade Commission site on how divorce affects credit accounts
- Fast Stats: Marriage and Divorce: National Center for Health Statistics state and federal data on marriage and divorce
- Medline Plus: Divorce: National Library of Medicine/National Institute of Health, Information on overcoming the stresses and conflicts of divorce
- Teen Zone: Divorce: County library page for teens whose families are experiencing divorce, with book, video and Internet resources
- Dealing with Divorce (for children): WebMD article for children explaining why parents get divorced, that it’s not the child’s fault and what custody is