Do You Feel Alienated From Your Child?

For most parents, their children are their world. Unfortunately, when parents choose to end their marriage or relationship, parents often lose sight of what is important and children get caught in the middle. A bitter dispute between spouses, soon-to-be-exes or unmarried parents can cause the mother or father to turn the child against the other parent.

Norwalk Child Custody Dispute Lawyers With the Experience You Need

At our law firm, we keep children at the forefront of all divorce and child custody cases. With nearly six decades of collective family law experience, our attorneys have seen virtually every different situation of parental alienation. We understand how difficult it can be for children to endure family disputes, especially when one parent constantly disparages the other parent. Our Norwalk child custody lawyers help parents understand child custody laws in Connecticut and fight to put an end to parental alienation, which may be affecting their relationships with their children.

Is Parental Alienation Jeopardizing Your Relationship With Your Child

Various levels of parental alienation can occur during divorce, during child custody disputes or paternity actions as well as before or after such legal actions:

  • A parent may constantly bad-mouth the other parent in front of the child
  • A parent may repeatedly tell the child that the other parent is to blame for breaking up the family
  • A parent may make false accusations about the other parent to the child
  • A parent may willfully manipulate or "brainwash" the child’s feelings toward the other parent

While some level of alienation may exist in many break-ups, it becomes an issue of parental alienation when the child takes action to denigrate the parent or withdraw from the parent. However, in some situations, it may be the parent’s own conduct — not taking advantage of parenting time, abusing alcohol or drugs, making poor lifestyle decisions — that leads to the alienation.

Greenwich and Norwalk Attorneys Taking Action to Stop Parental Alienation

If your child is verbally abusive toward you or no longer wants you to be a part of his or her life, it can be alarming and painful at the same time. It is important to discuss your concerns with our Connecticut parental alienation lawyers to learn your options for restoring your relationship with your child. We can request a court-appointed guardian ad litem (GAL) to evaluate the best interests of your child and can pursue independent evaluations by psychiatric experts to identify misconduct by the other parent. We can work to devise solutions within your parenting plan that fully assert your parental rights and the best interests of your child.

From our offices in Norwalk, Connecticut, our lawyers represent individuals in divorce and family law matters in Norwalk, Greenwich, Westport, Wilton and surrounding communities throughout Fairfield County. Call us or contact our law firm by e-mail for a complimentary initial consultation with an experienced family law attorney.

OVC Lawyer Marketing, Inc.