Are You Dissolving a Relationship With an Unmarried Partner?

Property and custody laws regarding domestic partnerships and unmarried same-sex couples are beginning to come into sharper focus in Connecticut. But absent formal written agreements, they are still vague. In relationships that have never been formalized through marriage or a legally enforceable domestic partnership or cohabitation agreement, division of assets and property acquired during the relationship can become complicated.

Our law firm attorneys have decades of experience representing individuals who are dissolving informal domestic partnerships. We understand the evolving laws and can help guide you through the process. Most important, we aggressively protect your rights and ensure that your financial interests and parenting rights are protected, in the event that a child is part of the picture.

"No two partition actions are exactly the same between unmarried partners. Property settlements and custody disputes are decided on a case-by-case basis. We thoroughly investigate and prepare the strongest case possible to protect your rights." Attorney Beverly Krieger

We have extensive experience in all areas of family law involving unmarried partners, including:

  • Unmarried partners property division
  • Cohabitation agreements
  • Custody and visitation matters involving unmarried parents
  • Father’s rights and step-parent rights

Our attorneys are knowledgeable, responsive and ready to aggressively protect our clients’ rights. When necessary, we work with many of the top independent experts in the region to ensure that your case is prepared correctly and presented effectively.

From our offices in Norwalk, Connecticut, our lawyers represent individuals in divorce and domestic relationship matters in communities throughout Fairfield County. Call us or contact us by e-mail for a complimentary initial consultation with an experienced family law attorney.

OVC Lawyer Marketing, Inc.